Location: Park Rapids, Minnesota USA
Length: 6 days
Dates: August 5 - August 10, 2018
Company: Wahoo! Adventures
6 day road bike tour lead by Wahoo! Adventures! founder Kerri Kolstad. Cycling, canoeing and hiking. 4 days of cycling averaging 36 miles/day for a total of 135 miles.
Ride through Minnesota, the state of 10,000 lakes. Starting in Itasca State Park, Minnesota’s oldest and largest state park where the Mississippi River starts its 2,552 mile journey to the Gulf of Mexico. Learn about Paul Bunyon, his blue ox Babe, and how American Indian fur traders, explorers, loggers, and Scandinavian pioneers all used this river for transportation, food, and survival.
- Northwoods cabins, lodges, and hotels.
- Canoe the crystal clear Mississippi River looking for native wild rice, eagles, and otters.
- Fall asleep to the call of loons.
- Toast the sunset each evening with a glass of wine and a s’more.
- Glamping one night next to the river with a walleye dinner.
- Visit Paul and Babe in Bemidji and step back in time in Grand Rapids at the 1880’s lumber camp.
- As always on a Wahoo! Adventure, all gear, bicycles, transport from Twin Cities, meals, bike maintenance, and SAG support!!
- Group transport from/to Minneapolis/St. Paul.
- 6 nights in unique cabins, lodges, hotels & one camp.
- Specialized bicycles w/cyclometer and rear bag.
- All breakfasts, 4 lunches, and 4 dinners.
- Welcome reception on arrival at Itasca State Park.
- Guided Bicycle History Tour of Minneapolis.
- Canoe the Mississippi River with a local naturalist.
- Forest History Center Tour.
- SAG support with fruit, snacks, Gatorade, & water.
- Transportation of luggage and gear each day.
- Maps, daily highlight meetings, and regional experts.
- Tents and all camping gear set up for you on day 5.
- Photos of the trip uploaded to Flickr.
- Small group sizes of 12 or less.
Interested in coming early, click here to lean more about Minneapolis, Itasca State Park and Chippewa National Forest to get excited about this trip.